||And, first, in the year 1790, that portion of Luzerne, since constituting the area of Susquehanna County, was included within two townships, Tioga[Footnote 1] and Wyalusing. By order of the justices of Luzerne, Tioga was bounded on the north by the northern line of the State, and east and west by the lines of that county, and on the south by an east and
west line which should strike the standing stone.
Wyalusing was 'bounded on the north by Tioga township, on the east and west by lines of the county, and on the south by an east and west line passing through the mouth of the Meshopping Creek.' Tunkhannock, the next township below, also extended across Luzerne County, and its southern limit was an east and west line through Buttermilk Falls.\"\"
[Footnote 1: \"\"Tioga township, in old Northumberland, from which Luzerne (including Susquehanna and Bradford Counties) was taken, extended from the present western line of Wayne County to Phoutz's or Big Meadows, in Tioga County, and was eighteen miles in depth from the State line.\"\"]